Computer-Based Testing - Fall 2020

I noticed the addition of Excel problems - thank you! - has the CAS explicitly described the type of testing environment that will be used for each exam? I know an Excel environment was used for Exam 5 previously, but wasn't sure if that was necessary/applicable for Exam 6 (US if it matters).

Comments

• The CAS has not yet provided detailed information. All they said is that it is the same format as "Pearson Vue Spreadsheets" but did not elaborate. There is a video conference with the CAS and Pearson Vue on July 27 that hopefully will provide everyone with more information. I believe the CAS also said they would provide practice problems so people will know the format before going into the exam.

I uploaded those Excel problems on the assumption there would be at least some similarity between 2020.Fall and the TBE version of Exam 5 from 2018. Because the transition date to CBT was moved up to this Fall, I wanted to put something out as quickly as possible to try to give everyone a head start.

We'll let everyone know as soon as we know more ourselves.

• do you have excel version of all exam questions? I would like to practice them in Excel but it is tedious to input the numbers. Thanks.

• My answer to your other post may answer your above question as well. Check out this wiki page for lots of Excel practice:

Note that you can get to this from either:

• The Combat Training Box on the Main Page: https://battleacts6us.ca/BattlePlan.php
    • The sidebar in any wiki page under "Miscellaneous Battle Reports", and then click on "Excel Practice Problems".
  • These are incredibly helpful for practicing, thanks Graham! Are there any plans to add exams from the years 2013-2016 to the excel format? The study material I used for Exam 5 had all of the previous exams in excel format and this was the primary way I prepared for the exam after learning all the material. Thanks!

• Note: I wrote this a few weeks ago but never clicked Post. Apologies.

That's certainly something I can put on my list to do. I stopped at 2017 because I wasn't sure how far back people would want to go, so it helps to have feedback on that.

I'll start the process on the 2016 exams and then go from there. Check back in a little while. :)

• If a second vote helps prioritize the to do list, I would also greatly appreciate having the older exams in excel format. The practice is invaluable. Thank you!

• We now have Spring and Fall from 2016.