Random Battlecards?

Is there a way of getting some random selection of battlecards given a selected number of bartlecards on all topics? I thought I could select all topics and shuffle, then do some from the top to accomplish this but when i did that my browser crashed.

Comments

• Actually, your browser probably didn't crash, but if you literally select all the BattleCards and then shuffle them, it will take a minute or two (or longer?) for the javascript to finish running. (I used a very simple sorting algorithm to save time when I first coded it and it's slow. That's something that's on my list to improve.) You could try it again then get coffee and see if it's done when you get back. Not a great solution, I know.

The idea of selecting a specific number of BattleCards from the whole set would be a good enhancement and I'll make a note of it. There are a few other things you can do from the BattleCard filter page to simulate this however:

• Select all readings like you did before, but then narrow the search by specifying a score range. For example, select only BattleCards where your score is below 6.0. You would use Optional Setting A to do this.
    • Using Optional Setting B, select only BattleCards the are "red", which are the ones you have marked wrong. You could also select just BattleCards that are marked "green" or correct, or "tan" which are ones you haven't tried yet.
    • This next suggestion is a bit more work to set up but if you first bring up the BattleCards for individual readings and color-code the ones you want to put into your review pile, then you can select just this color-subset using Optional Setting B. Since there are 5 possible colors, you can create 5 "piles" of BattleCards using this technique. For example, you could set one color for BattleCards you know very well, and another color for ones you always have trouble with.

And you can also mix & match these different optional settings as well as selecting only a subset of the readings.

Anyway, I hope that helps. I think it's a great idea what you're doing. It enhances learning by answering questions in a different order. (If you always do the BattleCards in the same order, then your brain always gets cues from the preceding BattleCard. It's then harder on the exam where you don't get those cues and have to remember the various facts on their own.)

Oh and I almost forgot that on the Main Page there are links to just the calculation BattleCards, or just the Prior Exams, or just the Top Questions. So give those a try too.

• Thank you, I will try those tips