RBC Factor Charge for Amounts Receivable Related to Uninsured Plans

I might be getting a bit too in the weeds on this, but I've noticed that the CAS expects candidates to memorize the RBC factor charges. Which, obviously, is ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Regardless, I noticed a discrepancy between the charge factor for Amounts Receivable Related to Uninsured Plans in the R_3 BattleTemplate and that listed in the Wiki article. The factor is 0.01 in the template, but 0.05 in the article. The source text says the factor should, indeed, be 0.05. This is definitely nitpicking, but I was using the templates to help me memorize the factors, so that's why I noticed.

Edit: Reposting this in the correct thread.

Comments

• Thanks for noticing that. I fixed it in the practice template and in the pdf that has 2 example problems.

It does seem unfair to make people memorize the factors but I can't rule it out on future exams. :-(

• I noticed this in another study program. Can I assume that this guidance remains unchanged? (CAS expecting candidates to memorize RBC factors).

Cj

• The CAS Financial Reporting reading (which includes the RBC chapter) has only two exclusions in the 2022 Spring syllabus: Part VII and Appendix II (the Canadian material). Since there is no expressed exclusion of RBC factors, it is fair to assume that a candidate will be held responsible for knowing them.