TRIA Coinsurance Percentage

edited October 2019 in Webel.TRIA-1

Looking to clarify the coinsurance percentage: in calculation problems on past exams, it has been 15%, but the Wiki states that it is now 20%. A Google search confirms that, indeed, the coinsurance percentage has increased, but the Webel reading seems to retain the 15% percentage. I'm assuming that if I state clearly on the exam that I have assumed the rate of the new TRIA Act, the examiners will give me credit, but I'm just trying to get some guidance on what BattleActs would recommend I use as a rate on calculation problems.

Comments

• Yes, if you state your assumption (and the assumption is correct) you would get full credit.

The original Webel reading has the old percentage. This is the reading I've labeled Webel.TRIA-1 and it discusses the original version of TRIA. Then TRIA was updated, twice actually, and the updates are in the newer syllabus reading that I've labeled Webel.TRIA-2.

I remember reading somewhere in an old examiner's report that if you have updated knowledge about something, they will give you credit, even if it directly contradicts something in the official syllabus. But of course the examiners have to know about it. If it comes up on your exam, it may not be a bad idea to provide immediate feedback to the CAS to make absolutely sure they know. This is different from an appeal. This immediate feedback is typically to report defective questions and there is a much greater chance of them acting than if you were to wait for the appeal window to open. The reason is that it's easier for them to take into account new information BEFORE they grade all the exams.

• Thanks for the detailed response.