Qualified Actuary - education, experience, continuing education requirements

I know there have been questions in the past asking for the exact wording used in the "Qualified Actuary" definition, but are we expected to memorize all of the general and specific U.S. qualification standards in COPLFR (basic education, experience, U.S. specific knowledge, subject area knowledge, etc.)? If so, is there a memorization technique we can use for this? Thanks!

Comments

• I'm 99.99% sure they would not ask you for those details (basic education, experience, U.S. specific knowledge, subject area knowledge, etc.) The reasons I think that are:

1. It's pure memorization that goes well beyond the degree of memorization that's been required in that past.
    2. There are no concepts embedded in those details.
    3. Those details can change from year to year so it seems pointless to memorize something that's subject to potentially frequent change when you can just look it up.
    4. There are so many other things that are important in the SAO. If they ask you for details like you mentioned, it means something else more important has to be left out.

Having said that, it isn't a bad idea to read over those details once or twice so you can recognize them if you see them, but I wouldn't bother memorizing them. (If you really feel you want to do that however, make sure to cover all the more important material first. Remember, there is a certain amount of gamesmanship in studying for this exam and you have to hit all the high-value items first before spending time on the low-value items.)

Hope that helps!

• Very helpful, thank you!