AA qualifications - defn of qualified actuary

I see this is labeled as outdated, could to give an example of what a current question and answer would be now? since there still are requirements that need to be met in the identifications part of the SAO.

Comments

• Actually, I thought I did update that question to be consistent with the current standards:

Are you asking something beyond what's already there?

• that's what I was looking for, any change that could be added into the battle cards that it applies to (I think there are like 3 or them) so that we can quickly source that info?

• You just have to memorize the new definition. Which BattleCards are you referring to?

• the 3 in the COPLFR.SAO that are labeled as outdated - since the examiner report is outdated but the questions are actually still relevant

• Sorry for the delay in responding. I had oral surgery this week.

The official exam question is outdated but there's an updated discussion at the link below. That is all that's available regarding that specific exam question:

• edited March 2023

To mec06e's point, one helpful revision would be to edit the Battlecard for 2016.Fall22a in a way that's accurate to today's definition of qualified actuary. While it's helpful to know that the examiner's report answer is outdated, it would be even more helpful to quickly reference the updated answer without having to dig up the definition.

Q: describe the standards a person must meet in order to be a Qualified Actuary to provide a Statement of Actuarial Opinion (SAO) in the U.S.
    A:

• meets education, experience, continuing education requirements
    • meets the Specific Qualification Standards for Statement of Actuarial Opinion
    • meets Qualification Standards for actuaries issuing opinions in the U.S
    • maintains an AAD (Accepted Actuarial Designation)
    • is a member of a professional actuarial association that:
      -(indent) requires adherence to the AAA code of conduct
      -(indent) requires adherence to the U.S. qualification standards
      -(indent) participates in ABCD (Actuarial Board for Counselling & Discipline) for members practicing in the U.S.
  • @mariamaringo
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I will take a look at this. Thanks for the suggestion.

• @mariamaringo
    I've updated the relevant BattleCards per your suggestion. Thanks! The definition of a qualified actuary has appeared 3 times on published exams: