Insurance Regulation | 1st ed., 2008 by Porter

So I just found out this book is discontinued, and is out of stock on both ACTEX Learning & The Actuarial Bookstore. I know in a lot of sections you recommend the source material any chance you can address this lack of source info in the wiki's?

Comments

• The wiki has two sections for the Porter text. Is that what you need?

• yes I know you cover the text in the wiki articles, I was wondering if you felt that material in the wiki would cover all the information we need from the source material.

In the wiki Exam 6-US Intro in the Study for Exam 6 section it says "We recommend you do a quick read through of your chosen wiki article, then scan the source article and go back again to the wiki article for in-depth studying. " but this source material is no longer available (The Institute is no longer publishing it and it is out of stock at both of the bookstores that stock CAS material). So I was wondering if you felt the wiki covers this material in enough depth.

• Ideally, you'd do a quick scan of the source text, but (and you didn't here this from me!) a number of students have told me they never looked at the source text. I didn't know it was out of print but even before that, it was often difficult to get a copy of it.

I have extracted everything I thought was testable so I don't think you need to worry too much about not having the source. (You may be able to get it from the CAS library but there's likely a waiting list, especially if it can no longer be purchased.)