Wiki section 3.2 (Insurance Commissioner)

I'm not sure this section is on the current syllabus. I believe we're supposed to stop on page 5.12 of the Porter text. Can we get clarification?

Similarly, I'm confused why section 3.3 (Types of Insurance Companies) is in this wiki and not Porter.6-Formation.

Comments

• Yes, that's correct. I included that section for informational purposes because in the past I had received candidate questions about the commissioner and state DOI. I inserted a note to clarify this:

About the section on "Types of Insurance Companies": I had initially included it in Porter 5 because it seemed like a good place to summarize that background information when I was writing that wiki article. Then the topic came up again in Porter 6 but I decided to just leave it in Porter 5. (Note that Porter 6 doesn't have as many details.)

• Got it. Thank you for clarifying! I get a tad paranoid that I'm going to misinterpret the syllabus and not study something I should or waste time studying more than I need to (I'm not sure which is worse).

• Sorry for the confusion. I think most people don't even have the actual Porter text. My copy was $180. :s And I heard there's a long wait if you want to borrow it from the CAS library.

• Oof :/ I had no idea it was that much. I'm borrowing a copy from my employer's "actuarial library". There is zero chance I would have bought my own copy at that price!

• Pr(purchase Porter text) = 0.00000000000000000% :#