NAIC model law/bill/recommendations

I am confused about the names and 'the Act Relating to Unfair Methods of Competition and Unfair Deceptive Acts and Practices in the Business of Insurance'. Do they mean the same thing?

I understand NAIC response to SEUA are proposing laws to 1) return regulation to state and 2) permit cooperative rate-setting.

In 2014 F 1c, NAIC responses to McCarran are your LAPP hint (limit federal, allow cooperative rate-setting, equitable rate and prohibit anti-competitive).
In 2018 F 3b, the answer only lists two (cooperative rate-setting and equitable rate). Are the other two right answers to the question?
In 2019 S 5c, since it says 1947 I assume it means the response to McCarran. It states identify methods of unfair competition to reduce federal intervention.
It seems like to be just different wording. If a question about this come up in the exam, is that safe to put all four in the LAPP hint?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited October 2021

I believe these 3 exam questions are asking about the same thing so you should be able to use any of the LAPP answers and get full credit. I'm not sure why the answers given in the examiner's reports are all different, but that does sometimes happen. They probably accepted answers other those listed.

Note that 2019.Spring Q5(c) was worth only 0.25 pts, so you should spend no more than 1 minute on a question like that.

• Do we still need to know the NAIC response to the Clayton Act and Robinson-Patman act? See Fall 2012 c. I noticed this question want included in the battle quizzes.

• As you see in the sample answers to part c, accepted answers included the LAPP list from above. These LAPP items can be taken to be NAIC's response to any of the acts/decisions that legally constrained insurance business.