List of defunct exam questions

Is there a list of former exam questions (2012 onwards) that are no longer on the syllabus?

Comments

• edited September 2022

Yes, there are actually 2 places where you can see this. I try to indicate this in the BattleTables in each wiki article either with a comment or by highlighting a particular question with a tan background. But probably an easier place to see this is with the Prior Exams link.

You can find this on the "Main Page" in the middle box (Combat Training). It's the 4th link down. If you click on it, you'll go to another page showing links to the BattleCards by exam. If you then select the 2012 exam (for example) and scroll through the BattleCards, you'll notice that the outdated questions are highlighted in orange.

I hope that provides the information you need.

Edit: Sep 10, 2022: The layout of the Main Page has changed slightly since I posted the above comment. See further down in the thread for a picture of where to find the Prior Exams.

• Thanks Graham!

• Replying for Fall 2022 sitting.

Now that prior exams are in Excel, is there a way to reconcile out of date questions by exam sitting?

For example, if I were to take the Spring 2016 Excel-based exam I don't see any resource or marker to indicate that an old question is no longer accurate as per the current syllabus.

• edited September 2022

The Excel doesn't show that but you can see which questions are outdated for each exam by using this feature:

Select the exam you want and the outdated questions are highlighted in orange. I can't promise that I've caught everything, but that should give you a pretty good idea of whcih questions are outdated. You can get to the above feature from the Main Page by clicking on the indicated link below:

• Do you have files with updated solutions for old exam questions related to topics that have changed? like the question is still valid, but the answer would be different for the updated (newer) exam material?

• If you find a specific exam question that you think is still more or less valid, possibly with a few changes, you can post about it the forum and we'll address it. I have not specifically rewritten the solutions from the examiner's reports however. All of the updates are integrated into the course content so you should still get the practice you need.

What I generally do is update the examples I created myself and/or update the web-based problem accordingly (which was often based on an exam problem.) If a particular outdated problem is discussed in the wiki then I update the wiki discussion. I've done this in the COPLFR.SAO reading to account for the annual updates as well as the RBC and Schedule F readings, and others. I also try to track down when BattleCard answers have changed and update those accordingly. (I don't always catch them all though because exam questions often cover more than 1 reading and it's sometimes hard to find them. People will message me when that happens and I update it right away.)

• Thanks for the info Graham! Didn't know that was there.

Minor bug report: When I go to 'Show Exam Qs' for any prior exam, the BattleCards Selected = 0. Mind you I'm using Safari. This issue does not occur on Chrome, which BA does advise is the preferred browser.

Just thought you should know anyways. :)

• Ugh. Safari uses a slightly different DOM (Document Object Model) and that's why any time there's a button inside a table, it doesn't work properly. It's fixable but it's messy. One day...

Thanks for letting me know.